Alamo City Moms Blog is proud to partner with the San Antonio Public Library to bring you news of their holiday events and activities throughout December.
The holiday season is a magical time of year in San Antonio. Cooler nights with twinkling lights on every corner and plenty of hot chocolate are what it’s all about. However, it can also be a time of stress, especially for families on a budget. It’s easy to break the bank with holiday gift purchases and so many parties to attend. That’s why I love the San Antonio Public Library. They offer festive activities and events that are completely FREE, educational, and celebrate the cultural diversity of our city. Here’s an overview of things you and your family can do together during the winter break to celebrate the spirit of the season without worrying about over-spending.
Winter Walk | December 1–30 | Parman Branch Library
Enjoy a self-guided walk through a winter wonderland including lights and holiday scenes on the trail in the back of the library.
WinterFest | December 5–21 |Various Participating Libraries
WinterFest is geared to children under the age of five and their caregivers. There may not be snow in San Antonio, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the season with some warm-hearted winter fun!
- Thursday, December 17—Parman Branch Library at 4:40 P.M.
- Saturday, December 19—Encino Branch Library at 3:00 P.M.
- Monday, December 21—Pan American Branch Library at 2:00 P.M., Mission Branch Library at 2:00 P.M., and Las Palmas Branch Library at 6:30 P.M.
Holiday Poetry Showcase | December 19 | Pan America Branch Library
Come enjoy the art of poetic words with the Sun Poet’s Society.
San Antonio Youth Wind Ensembles | December 21–22 | Various Participating Libraries
Chamber groups are ready to delight library guests with their holiday musical program at several area libraries around town.
- Monday, December 21—Landa Library from 2:30–3:30 P.M., Las Palmas Library from 4:00–5:00 P.M., and Forest Hills Library from 5:30–6:30 P.M.
- Tuesday, December 22—Mission Library from 2:00–3:00 P.M., Carver Library from 3:30–4:30 P.M., and Central Library from 5:00–6:00 P.M.
Be sure to mark some of these events on your calendar and enjoy making memories with your loved ones. For more information on any of these events or branch library locations, please call (210) 207-2500 or visit www.mysapl.org.