Disclaimer: Just Between Friends San Antonio Northwest is an advertising partner of Alamo City Moms Blog. We partner with businesses that we feel are important for San Antonio parents to know about and we, wholeheartedly, think Just Between Friends is a gem!
Let’s face it: kids are expensive! Starting from the time you are pregnant, it seems that you just begin acquiring…stuff. Strollers, cribs, carriers, clothes, changing tables, monitors, gadgets, toys…does the spending ever end?! But once your kids have passed a certain age and grown out of the items designated for a certain age bracket, what in the world are you supposed to do with all of that…stuff?
Enter the magical world of our advertising partner, Just Between Friends San Antonio Northwest. Not only is Just Between Friends an incredible mega-consignment sale that takes place on one weekend so that parents and parents-to-be can acquire “stuff” at heavily discounted prices, it’s also a way that San Antonio parents can make money as consignors!
If the thought of money in your pocket is tempting but the idea of consigning is overwhelming, I’m here to tell you that there’s no need to fear! Here are our top 10 things you need to know about becoming a consignor with Just Between Friends San Antonio Northwest:
1. As a consignor, you prep your own items. You register online, price your items, and select whether you want them to go for half-price if they’re not sold at your desired price point, as well as whether you want to donate leftover items that aren’t sold after the sale is complete. You print your tags and tag your items.
2. Once your items are ready, you deliver them to Kendall County Fairgrounds either on April 7 between 1:00–7:00 P.M. or April 8 from 9:00 A.M.–1:00 P.M.
3. Just Between Friends sells your items during pre-sales and public day sales. There is no need to work the sales, stand in a booth, set up your items, or even be present during the sales (although we’d recommend going just to score some great deals on the next round of kid items you’ll need!).
4. Just Between Friends will sort all clothing items to be returned by consignor number for pick-up on Saturday, April 11 between 7:00–8:00 P.M. You can easily drop by and pick up your leftover items if you choose not to donate them.
5. Just Between Friends will send you a check on April 24 and include a blank donation receipt from their charity partner, Hill Country Daily Bread. It’s a simple as that! Who wouldn’t want money delivered straight to their mailbox?
6. Consignors get 60% of the sales price. If you volunteer with the event, as a consignor you receive 70% of the sales price. What a great deal! And don’t forget: YOU set the price, so you can have a good idea of what your income will be.
7. If a consignor refers 10 new consignors to the event, she can earn an extra 5% on her check. New consignors must simply put the name of the consignor who referred them in the “referred by” box at sign-up. This just keeps getting better and better!
8. Not only is consigning with Just Between Friends safer than Craigslist or online garage sales, it takes less time and effort than listing items on eBay, and you make more money than by taking your items to a resale shop. Why would you go any other route?
9. Do you belong to a moms group, a church group, or just a group of mom friends? Just Between Friends will send out get-in-free passes to anyone to hand out. Just call (210) 485-1959, because really, shopping is so much more fun with a friend!
10. Just Between Friends donates 100% of its admission sales to Hill Country Daily Bread. To date, they have donated over $10,000 to Hill Country Daily Bread and over $40,000 worth of items. Now that’s what we call feel-good shopping!
Once you’ve consigned your items, don’t miss the sale and your chance to save a ton on gear and clothes for your family!
Tuesday, April 7: Consignor Drop-off (1:00–7:00 P.M.)
Wednesday, April 8: Consignor Drop-off (9:00 A.M.–1:00 P.M.)
Pre-Sale Party (4:00–8:00 P.M.)
Thursday, April 9: Public Sale Shopping (9:00 A.M.–6:00 P.M.) $3 admission
Friday, April 10: Public Sale Shopping (9:00 A.M.–6:00 P.M.) $3 admission
Just Between Friends BFF & Consignor Half-Price Pre-Sale Party (5:30 P.M.)
Saturday, April 11: Public Half-Price Shopping (9:00 A.M.–3:00 P.M.)
Friday, April 24: Checks mailed to consignors.
Location: Kendall County Fairgrounds, 1307 River Rd., Boerne, TX 78006
For more details, visit the Just Between Friends San Antonio Northwest (Boerne) Website.