Are you pregnant? Are you looking for something that can:
- Improve sleep?
- Reduce stress and anxiety?
- Increase the strength, flexibility, and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth?
- Decrease lower back pain, nausea, carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms, headaches, and shortness of breath?
But wait—there’s more! What about something that can connect you with other pregnant women and help you prepare for the emotional roller coaster of being a new parent?
According to the Mayo Clinic, prenatal yoga is for you!
After you give birth, yoga is a great way to gently move and nurture your postpartum body. As a bonus, many postnatal classes are structured as “mommy and me” style classes that give you sweet connection time with your baby AND your abs.
There are lots of great options for group and private prenatal and postnatal classes across San Antonio.
Southtown Yoga Loft offers weekly prenatal and postnatal classes at both the Downtown and Helotes locations:
- Downtown Location (724 S. Alamo St., Suite 3, San Antonio, TX 78205)
- Prenatal Yoga: Sundays, 1:00 P.M., and Thursdays, 6:00 P.M.
- Baby and Me Yoga: Sundays, 12:00 P.M.
- Pilates Mamas and Babes: Wednesdays, 12:00 P.M.
- Helotes Location (12540 Bandera, Helotes, TX 78023)
- Sundays, 9:00 A.M.
Mel Marie Yoga (11844 Wurzbach Rd., San Antonio, TX 78230) 0ffers bi-weekly prenatal yoga classes every first and third Saturday, 9:30 A.M.
Half Moon Power Yoga (4553 N. Loop 1604 W, Suite 1115, San Antonio, TX 78249) offers a weekly prenatal Power Mamas class: Sundays, 5:30 P.M.
Hamsa School of Yoga and Ayurveda (1112 S. St. Mary’s St., San Antonio, TX 78210) offers a weekly Prenatal Yoga class: Fridays, 10:00 A.M.
Sweet Soul Yoga (20711 Wilderness Oak, Suite 107, San Antonio, TX 78258) offers a weekly Prenatal Yoga class: Wednesdays, 7:30 P.M.
San Antonio Birth Center (7272 Wurzbach Rd., Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78240) offers weekly and bi-weekly Prenatal Yoga classes for both clients and the public: Thursdays, 10:00 A.M.; every first and third Saturday, 10:00 A.M.; and Baby & Me, Thursdays, 12:00 P.M.
MBS Fitness (1115 S. Alamo St., San Antonio, TX 78210) offers a weekly Prenatal Yoga class: Sundays, 10:45 A.M.
Yoga on Bulverde (26605 Bulverde Rd., San Antonio, TX 78260) offers a weekly Prenatal Yoga class: Saturdays, 11:00 A.M.
San Antonio Yoga Instructors who offer private pre- and postnatal yoga instruction and support: